EMT JSD PURE BLACK CARTRIDGE AND STX-5/10 STEP-UP TRANSFORMER

EMT var 80 år i 2020 og lanserte en del nyheter i forbindelse med dette. I år kommer det en del nyheter i august, som vi kommer tilbake til med mer info. Pickupene er fornyet, og man kan nå bestille alle JSD modellene med halv og kvart coil + at man har en option å velge sølv. Alle EMT pickupene kan sendes ned for oppussing når det er på tide, slik at man alltid kan ha en pickup i tipp topp stand.

HiFi+ skriver en fin omtale rundt JSD Black (fra 44.990,-) og EMT's SUT (79.990,-) i den siste utgaven. Link HER

EMT really deserves its place among the vinyl gods.
- Alan Sircom.

https://endpointaudio.no/produkt/jsd-pure-black/
https://endpointaudio.no/produkt/emt-stx-5-10-silver-wire-toroidal-transformer/

HiFi+ Alan Sircom:

I was extremely impressed by the performance of the EMT design. It cuts its own distinct sonic path, perhaps with a few sonic nods to the best in Audio Technica in terms of transient speed and directness of musical attack, but also with more body and texture. It’s arguably more about musical drive than about air and spaciousness; it puts out a good soundstage, but there are better image resolvers than the Pure Black. However, none of those soundstage makers at anything close to the Pure Black’s price have the same direct connection with musics dynamism or energy. And none can match it for speed and attack.

If this makes the EMT cartridge sound over-confident or somehow ‘wild’ that was not the intention at all. This is a stellar cartridge, one that gets under the skin of music with outstanding coherence and energy and it does have that encompassing, beguiling warmth of vinyl replay. But, this is also a cartridge that stems from a broadcast heritage and that comes through, too. It’s about as honest as it gets, and that is perhaps even more beguiling than the warmth inherent to vinyl, because it reminds you why so many feel LP remains a better source of ‘high-res’ than high-resolution digital audio. There is so much information being extracted from the groove, the sound is uncanny. Add to this superb tracking and an ability to listen through pops and crackle well and this makes for a real star performer. For example, my worn-but-wonderful first pressing of Somethin’ Else [Blue Note] sounds almost crisp and new again!

EMT JSD Pure Black cartridge and STX-5/10 step-up transformer

Finally, there’s the STX/5-10 step-up. A good step-up ‘disappears’ and simply makes whatever cartridge and phono stage it sits between sound ‘better’; the phono stage sounds quieter as if it has less work to do, and the tonal balance of the cartridge ‘explains itself’ better in terms of frequency response and tonal balance (you find yourself saying “Oh, that’s what it was supposed to sound like!” a lot). Naturally, using an EMT step-up with an EMT cartridge is kind audio nepotism, but the two really do the ‘double act’ thing at the Fred and Ginger/Lennon and McCartney grade. Trying it with a Kuzma and a Hana cartridge, however, showed the step-up is really world class in its own right. Judging by either product – and especially by both together – EMT really deserves its place among the vinyl gods.

It’s not just that EMT has the kind of commanding reputation in LP replay that other companies would kill for. It’s not just that the company has a small, but intensely focused range of vinyl’s finest and has done so (albeit with a few cast changes) since 1940. It’s more that the Pure Black (especially when used with the STX/5-10 do so many things right, it’s hard not to be extremely impressed by their performance. 

Ta kontakt for mer info.

Tom Egil
tom@endpointaudio.no

Vedlegg

Kommentarer

Informasjon om bruker

Endpoint Audio
Bransjeaktør
Medlem siden
Antall liker
Link til alle artikler
Endpoint Audio sine annonser
Bransjenyheter
Canor Audio hos Endpoint Audio

Canor Audio hos Endpoint Audio

Jeg er veldig fornøyd med å kunne re-introdusere Canor for det norske markedet, og gir i den forbindelse 15% avslag på alle produktene en kort periode nå i begynnelsen av april. Canor Audio har...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
Lockwood Loudspeakers hos Endpoint Audio

Lockwood Loudspeakers hos Endpoint Audio

Jeg er meget fornøyd med å introdusere Lockwood for det norske markedet. Etablert i 1930, Lockwood har vært en av de mest foretrukne monitorer med over 1200 plateinnspillinger på ryggen. Så...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
Innbyttekampanje! Oppgrader til Lumin U2 - Eller få 15%

Innbyttekampanje! Oppgrader til Lumin U2 - Eller få 15%

Ønsker du å oppgradere til en av markedets beste streamere? Lumin U2 har oppgradert prosessor, dedikert Low Noise USB til DAC utgang, all-in-one chassis, fiber nettverk, OG lineær...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
God Jul til alle!

God Jul til alle!

Jeg ønsker alle en riktig God Jul, hvor kanskje både harde og myke pakker er det minst viktige. Det skjer såpass mye galskap i verden i dag, at den beste gaven vi kan gi er medmennesklighet...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
EMT 912HI - Test.

EMT 912HI - Test.

EMT lanserte i 2022 nye utgaver av de legendariske tonearmene EMT 929 & 997. Disse er vesentlig oppgradert i forhold til forgjengerene og det legger man merke til med en gang man tar de ut av...
Fortsett
Bransjenyheter
10/10 For Lumin T3

10/10 For Lumin T3

High End streaming blir stadig bedre, og Lumin leder an med superb lydkvalitet og brukervennlighet. Alltid blant de første til å implementere nyheter - og de første som fikk på plass Tidal MAX...
Fortsett
Topp Bunn