• mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    632a57640dce8b2c66c1734bd8c6d.jpg

Vi må nesten ha en egen tråd for dette bandet.

Fra wikipedia:

Snarky Puppy is a Denton, Texas-based instrumental fusion band led by bassist, composer and producer Michael League. Formed in Denton, Texas in 2004, the band features a collective of nearly 30 musicians, referred to as "The Fam" on their recordings and tours. The musicians perform on a variety of instruments including guitars, keyboards, saxophones, brass, percussion and strings. Many of the current and former band members were once students at the University of North Texas.[1]

The band released their debut album "Live at Uncommon Ground" in 2005 and began touring extensively after their second album "The Only Constant" in 2006. Snarky Puppy's first four albums were released under Sitmom Records. Their fifth album, "Tell Your Friends" was released in 2010 under Ropeadope.[2][3]

Snarky Puppy's leader, Michael League, was interviewed and written about in the 2010 book release "The New Face of Jazz: An intimate look at today's living legends and the artists of tomorrow" by Cicily Janus.[4][5] The author cites League's self-termed music as "jafunkadansion" for its genre-bending qualities of instrumental and dance music. Cicily Janus also comments the "group Snarky Puppy is one of the most inventive in sound and funk since Maynard Ferguson's fusion years."

Snarky Puppy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Her noen klipp fra siste utgivelse:

On March 8th, 2013, Snarky Puppy and a host of special guests convened at the Jefferson Center in Roanoke VA. The project was to record a series of live performances in audio and video that would bring attention and benefit to the ongoing work of the center. The Jefferson Center is a non-profit arts organization that is revitalizing a key neighborhood in Roanoke with the restoration of Jefferson High School and the renovation of the Shaftman Performance Hall. The hall brings world class music to the local community through the Music Lab, providing education and recording space for local children.

The Music Lab at Jefferson Center is working daily to pull from every social and economic class of the Roanoke community and create the next wave of real, human musicians. They host low cost or free after-school programs for any interested young people filled with visits by guest artists, private instrumental instruction, and recording training. Wafting out of the little studios and rehearsal rooms on the third floor of Jefferson Center, you can hear Afro-beat in Swahili, hip-hop in Liberian Kreyol, the blues coming from the guitar of a 13 year-old prodigy, and the undeniable sound of young musicians growing. It's a thing that needs to be supported at all costs across this country, and by purchasing this record, you've done it.

A portion of every sale will go to the Music Lab at Jefferson Center.

De har fått en ny fan :)

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    På vei 8)

Har fra før: Ground Up og Family Dinner vol1

POB

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kulturhovedstaden
    Torget vurderinger
    Spennende saker dette, altså.
    Helt nytt for meg og melder meg på som ny fan.
    Hvor bestiller dere disse skivene? Fra hjemsiden deres?

POB

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kulturhovedstaden
    Torget vurderinger
    Lasta ned Family Dinner, We Like It Here og Ground Up.
    Virkelig heftige saker.
    Ground Up står for meg som den klart beste hittil, med heftige blåsere, mye trøkk og kanskje den som er best lydmessig av de tre.
    Dette er livefremførelser av klasse alle tre. Av og til storbandjazz og avogtil R&B. Det svinger voldsomt av dette bandet.

Bandcamp har tydeligvis mye interessant materiale, så den siden skal jeg følge litt med på.

Bra tips mteinum. Tommel opp!!

emotikon

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Trondheim
    Torget vurderinger
    8)
    Han som aldri hadde venner i oppveksten , det der... ;)

Hagto

Bransjeaktør
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Sørlandet
    Torget vurderinger
    Melder meg også inn som fan. Går konstant her. Savnes på wimp.

J

Jim.I.Hendriksen

Gjest
    Er det samme konsert som i innlegg #13 eller blir det flere konserter?

toral1

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Gleder meg til konsert med de i jazzfestivalen i Molde til sommeren

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ikke helt bak mål Cory Henry heller :)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Først låt fra det nye albumet er ute:

So here's the deal, friends. This should be everything you need to know about our brand new record with the Metropole Orkest, SYLVA, which is coming out on Impulse label in the following places at the following times:
    United States
    - Presale: May 12
    - Release Day: May 26
    Everywhere Else
    - Presale: March 17
    - Release Day: April 20
    Apologies to our countrymen for having to wait a bit!
    The videos we're releasing on Vevo will be available at different times, depending on where you live.
    In addition to our standard CD/DVD physical package, this album will be available on vinyl. (!!!) In addition, the film will be available for download and as a stream in HD.
    It will also be available as an audio-only download (with liner notes) from ITunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, etc.
    For those of you outside of the good ol' U.S. of A., here's the first video release from SYLVA. And if you'd like to pre-order, go here: Snarky Puppy - Sylva. Enjoy!
    Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 14.17.24.jpg

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Mye bra musikk denne sommeren ser det ut til. Nå slippes FORQ 2 den 30. juni

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Første sang fra den nye plata

bambadoo

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Lørenskog
    Torget vurderinger
    Tøff musikk :) Søker litt annet i den sjangeren og kom over ei gruppe som heter "The Headbangers". Låter knallbra her hjemme. Har akkurat gitt ut ei skive kalt. "The dark side of a love affair".

Tror dere vil like det også. Kaller sjangeren Jazzfunk jeg :)
    Et eksempel her. Snarky Puppy har en anelse mer "prog" i stilen sin riktignok.

PS: Tilgi meg for å besudle SP tråden med tips om noe annet .... Er det upassende så sletter jeg innlegget.

Midas

Bransjeaktør
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Stavangerområdet
    Denne tråden må jeg jo hive meg på.

Hørte dem når det var på Folken i Stavanger på Maijazz. Magisk.

Og så kjenner jeg en norsk sanger, Hildegunn Gjedrem, som har jobbet en hel del med Snarky Puppy. De studerte og spilte sammen på University of North Texas, og dannet grunnlaget for det som er New York-baserte Snarky Puppy i dag.

Jeg blir både glad og svært fasinert når jeg hører musikken deres. For en som meg som jobber mye med liveproduksjon, er videokonseptet deres helt fantastisk.

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn