• mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Nye ting på gang fra Page99 ;)

Totally new and reworked with Yacht LEGEND Dane Donohue. As his new album was taking shape he wanted to re-cut this Page 99 classic!

credits
    releases October 13, 2023
    Produced, arranged, mixed and mastered by John H. Nixon

Musicians:
    John Nixon - Drums, synths, keyboards, bass programming, guitar, lead and backing vocals, misc.
    Dane Donohue - Lead vocals, backing vocals
    Russ Fitzpatrick - Vocal arrangement, backing vocals
    Chaise Baird - Saxophone

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    The lights are low and the champagne is on ice.

Welcome to the mysterious parallel universe of David Fostex and a stellar cast of Yacht Rock legends, supervised by Shawn “Silver Fox” Lee.

releases November 3, 2023

Bartesam

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Hus

Feiende bra denne. Hørte den på westcoastgoldenradio.com :)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny plate fra Ed Motta

Behind the Tea Chronicles

After a five year break the “Colossus of Rio” is back with his 14th studio album, taking us on a journey, crossing musical boarders and inviting you to listen not only to groovy soulful songs but also to dive into almost cinematic moods.

With his unparalleled musicianship, Motta’s captivating arrangements and richly layered compositions create an exquisite fusion of genres. Each track on Behind The Tea Chronicles showcases his mastery of various musical styles, incorporating elements of funk, soul, jazz and even Broadway sounds, that of course feature his velvety smooth vocals. Commenting on his latest album, Ed Motta said, “I wanted to create something truly unique with ‘Behind The Tea Chronicles.’ Movies and old TV series have always had a profound impact on my imagination and musicality. I wanted to pay homage to those influences and use them as connecting points to craft an album that is not only musically engaging but also takes listeners on a nostalgic and cinematic journey. It is an ode to the freedom and a commitment to the art.”

Behind The Tea Chronicles features an impressive lineup of renowned musicians, including notable collaborations with both Brazilian and international artists. The famous singers Paulette McWilliams and Philip Ingram can be heard as backup vocals as well as the Czech FILMharmonic Orchestra. Motta’s commitment to artistic excellence is evident throughout the album, as he flawlessly orchestrates a tapestry of sound that will captivate audiences from all walks of life. Another key factor of this special recording is the eye for detail, not only when writing and composing the album but also during the recording, mixing and mastering process. This special treat will be welcomed with open arms by his audiophile audience.

"The warm sound fits very harmoniously with the basic mood of the album, sound luminary Carlos Freitas [...] provided the finishing touches for the mastering of the album." (MINT)

Cristina Braga, harp
    Sergio Mello, drums
    Alberto Continentino, bass
    Michel Limma, Rhodes, acoustic piano, Harpsichord, ARP String Ensemble, ARP Omni 2 & Pianet T solo
    João Oliveira, guitar
    Ed Motta, glockenspiel & percussion
    Kris Johnson, trumpet, flugelhorn
    Rafael Leafar, alto saxophone, flute
    Marcus Elliot, tenor saxophone, clarinet
    Vincent Chandler, trombone
    Kaleigh Wilder, baritone saxophone, bass clarinet
    Paulette McWilliams, backing vocals
    Phillip Ingram, backing vocals
    Will Wheaton, backing vocals

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Ny plate med Tomi Malm!

Hi everyone! It’s been three years since my last album and since I got a chance to do an “one night only” gig, I was crazy enough to accept. Also I thought it could be nice to wrap things up with a recording of it. I wasn’t sure that this material could be performed live at all, but at the same time I was curious to find out how these songs would sound in that situation, without studio refinements and tens of different players and singers. This is not easy material to play, that’s for sure! But, I was so lucky to find these fine musicians who were also crazy enough to do this! It’s different, it’s raw and it’s organic. Did I say it was crazy? It will be released 27 October 2023 on streaming platforms.

The Credits: Bass – Riku Kovalainen
    Drums – Henri Lintula
    Engineer – Ilkka Rämä, Ossi Pelttari
    Guitar – Tony Olsen
    Keyboards – Tobias Schenck
    Producer, Arranged By, Mixed By – Tomi Malm
    Tenor Saxophone – Viljami Heikkinen
    Trombone – Sauli Rantakeisu
    Trumpet – Nuutti Tossavainen
    Vocals – Anni-Leena Tulokas, Tuomas Salminen, Unna Kortehisto
    1 Tour's End/Favor
    Organ, Synthesizer – Tomi Malm
    7:19
    2 Coming Home
    Piano, Electric Piano – Tomi Malm
    5:39
    3 I Got You
    Organ, Electric Piano – Tomi Malm
    4:51
    4 Are You Real?
    Electric Piano – Tomi Malm
    Piano – Tomi Malm
    4:04
    5 You Belong To Me
    Piano – Tomi Malm
    5:20
    6 Two Hearts
    Piano, Synthesizer – Lenni-Kalle Taipale
    5:34
    7 Come Away 4:39
    8 Walkin' On Air
    Organ – Tomi Malm
    4:33
    9 Hearts In Phase

Liotheles

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    Litt julemusikk fra samme utmerkede australske orkester må vel passe i dag? ;)

MrSpock

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Jeg ikke har utforsket America noe særlig mer enn de tidlige 70-talls albumene. Fant ut at mange av de senere albumene også falt i min smak, f.eks Alibi fra 1980:

Solgte vel ikke allverden. Men er et velprodusert album, med seg har de bl.a. Steve Lukather, Timothy B. Schmit, J. D. Souther osv. Albumet kom på cd først i 1997. Handlet en digital variant på Qoubuz og den låter veldig bra.

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn