Siste platekjøp.

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• mikefish

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Ida Jenshus's debut var bra,selv om jeg gikk litt lei av den fort.For en gangs skyld tror jeg at hennes nye skal høres via spotify før innkjøp.Som tidligere nevnt liker jeg å holde på spenningen til jeg har den fysiske plata tilgjengelig,men har noen hifi-prosjekt på gang som gjør at jeg vil nedprioretere platekjøp fremover.Ser at Ida får sann midt-på-treet anmeldelser i pressen.

mvh. s,

Trane

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    baluba skrev:
    Klarer frøken Jenshus å oppfylle forventningene fra hennes sjarmerende debut?
    Nå har jeg ikke hørt debuten og plata rakk bare å snurre en runde før det var natta, men frøkna er såvisst sjarmerende. Hun har helt klart lånt øre til damer som Emmylou, Lucinda og Shelby....og det er jo ikke det værste. Dog var det noe som murret litt...en anelse "påtatt levd liv" i stemmen kanskje? Vel, det vil vel vise seg når plata har fått noen runder.

Da jeg var å kjøpte plata tok jeg en rask lytt til en annen sjarmerende norsk frøken med ny plate ute, - Veronika Akselsen. Betagende, imponerende og liketil stemme som en ung, litt dempet Maria McKee. Imidlertid blir jeg lett klam og ubekvem av Jesus-preik så jeg fikk kalde føtter....men stemmen da gitt ! Fant ut at hun har deltatt i MGP og endel annet generelt underholdningvås også, men det var en helt annen greie....fullstendig anonymt....selv artister må vel fylle kjøleskapet iblant.
    Erfaringer med denne damen ? Anyone ?

mikefish

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Veronika er dattera til Elias Akselsen.Med en vond fortid å skilte med.Mye av dette Jesus-opplegget stammer nok fra opphavet.Skal ikke forhåndsdømme henne da jeg ikke har hørt albumet.

mvh. s,

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Idag kom følgende inn døra:

Lisa Dal Bello - Lisa Dal Bello [SHM-CD UICY-94654]

Bruce Hibbard - Never Turnin' Back [COOL 046]

Airplay - Airplay 30th Anniversary Special Edition [Blu-spec CD SICP 20249]

Trane

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    mteinum skrev:

Nå var jeg et øyeblikk brennsikker på at det var en annen Lisa....Lisa Dalbello, den lett eksentriske kanidiske damen som en gang på 80-tallet gjorde et par knallsterke album produsert av Mick Ronson:

ansepe74

Overivrig entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Bodø
    Trane skrev:
    mteinum skrev:

Nå var jeg et øyeblikk brennsikker på at det var en annen Lisa....Lisa Dalbello, den lett eksentriske kanidiske damen som en gang på 80-tallet gjorde et par knallsterke album produsert av Mick Ronson:

Queensryche har en finfin versjon av den :D

Kjøpt litt av hvert i det siste:
    Beethoven essential
    Infected Mushroom - Legend of the black shawarma
    Jamie Cullum - The pursuit
    +++

baluba

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Kopervik og Bergen
    Torget vurderinger
    mikefish skrev:
    Veronika er dattera til Elias Akselsen.Med en vond fortid å skilte med.Mye av dette Jesus-opplegget stammer nok fra opphavet.Skal ikke forhåndsdømme henne da jeg ikke har hørt albumet.

mvh. s,
    Tenkte jeg skulle spørre om det, for det lå liksom opp i dagen.

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Daniel Nelson - Daniel Nelson

There was not much going on in the Westcoast scene over the course of the last couple of years. Even more so when it comes to new artists to step into the limelight. Most of the new talents that managed to gain some attention came from Scandinavia like Peter Friestedt or Corin & Edman.

With Daniel Nelson a fresh new face is finally stepping to the forefront who knows the Californian way of life from his own experience and his songs reflect this. The connoisseur knows this kind of music very well from bands like Maxus, Pages, Airplay, Sneaker and Ambrosia.

When he was looking out for an arranger and producer Daniel met Ed Smart, a guy who exactly knew what Daniels songs should sound like. For the recordings studio musicians were picked by hand in L.A. and every single one of them was capable to create this perfect mixture of AOR, Smooth Jazz, Soul and R’n’B. The names of session pros like the guitar players Nick Brown and Allen Hinds or percussionist Brian Kilgore can mostly be read in the credits of Smooth Jazz greats like Michael Paulo, Dave Koz, Dan Siegel and Warren Hill, but in the past they were also booked by Robbie Williams, Cock Robin or The Goo Goo Dolls. Another great cast of players is the Vine Street Horns who are the regular horn section of none other than the mighty Phil Collins. With so much musical competence it’s not surprising that the sound of the five tracks got absolutely perfect and there is nothing left to be desired.

The opener of this Westcoast cycle is “Madelynn”, it’s a bit funky with a Soul and R’n’B touch and Nick Brown adds his brilliant guitar licks from start to finish, crowning his work with an amazing solo. The horn section also contributes to the fine sound with its accentuated playing.
    Next up is “Is It You ?” a cover version of the Lee Ritenour classic which is pretty close to the original and it fits in perfectly with Daniel’s own compositions.
    The following trip to Camarillo is a wonderful ballad that shows a lot of feel in Daniel’s wonderful emotional voice which is supported by a smooth arrangement with piano, nylon string guitar and tasteful percussions. The songs theme picks up a well known former mental hospital north west of Los Angeles. Ambrosia were also “Ready For Camarillo” when they led their “Life Beyond L.A.” and rumor has it that The Eagles also got inspired by this facility and its voices down the corridor when they wrote their Westcoast classic “Hotel California”.
    The song that rocks the most is “Here in L.A.”, on the basis of a pumping rhythm Nick Brown takes his chances in playing his guitar on the rhythm and lead tracks in the familiar Lukather / Landau / Graydon / Thompson-way. It’s a tune in the Toto – The Seventh One vein and Daniel himself has played the piano, besides that his vocals show another facet here, an almost aggressive one. This stylistic element supports the song lyrics displaying a critical view on Los Angeles. A city which is by no means as glamorous as it might seem at first glance.
    “Emily” is the closing ballad and this time Allen Hinds shows his guitar skills. Covering a wide spectrum with solid rhythm work in the beginning, an amazing solo during the bombastic middle part of the song and perfectly placed guitar licks during the fade out of this impressive Westcoast experience.

In the late 70s and early 80s David Foster had an assembly line to produce songs like these. Since he went into Westcoast retirement we can call ourselves happy that Daniel Nelson is a master in bringing the traditional Westcoast sound to life with fascinating arrangements and with the best sound you can possibly think of.
    (Review by Gregor Klee)

http://www.zinkmusic.com/
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dnelson

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Mark Costa - Textures

Sydney bassist Mark Costa is proud to present his debut CD, “Textures”. This CD features eight original compositions written by Mark with a fresh contemporary jazz sound comparable to the Yellowjackets, Pat Metheny and Tribal Tech. Through his post-graduate studies of the Schillinger System, Mark has found a new compositional voice that blends his love of jazz, funk and latin rhythms with rich melodic and harmonic textures.

http://www.markcosta.com.au/
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mcosta

Rod Kinny - Higher Self

The recording of what became "Higher Self" began eleven months after the release of "The Rod Kinny EP". I had bought a copy of Ambrosia's Anthology CD and began listening and rediscovering not only how much I loved their hits, but a full spectrum containing their deeper more progressive works which much of the public is unaware of. As I kept listening more & more, I began to wonder what the band members were doing currently. I discovered Ambrosia's co-founder Joe Puerta was still touring with the band and owns a recording studio in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I kept listening to Anthology and decided to pursue my idea to record at Joe's studio with him as producer. At the time I was expecting scheduling conflicts due to travel between Minneapolis & Milwaukee, Ambrosia's tour schedule, and considerations such as "can I afford this guy?" I came in contact with one of his artists who as it turned out had a terrific CD produced by Joe and strongly recommended him. That was enough for me, I was ready to take the plunge.

The first session was in January 2007. I would book studio time every three months, drive to Milwaukee, do an all day session, travel home, repeat in 90 days. As time went by I felt my enthusiasm build after each session. Not only was Joe a very skilled musician & producer, his staff & session musicians were amazing & very experienced. With all the shared enthusiasm, it really gave me the confidence to bring to life my very best music. Forty months later and with contributions from some old friends in Minneapolis, "Higher Self" is here. It may not seem to some a very practical approach to recording though I think it was wise. This CD means a great deal to me. Enjoy!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/RodKinny
    http://www.rodkinny.com/

Bjørn.H

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Torget vurderinger
    11 Ubesvarte anrop

-driver å graver i lommeboka for å se om jeg kommer meg på konsert...

Vedlegg

Xevious

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Langhus
    Torget vurderinger
    Noen CDer fra Play de to siste ukene, alle til under £5 pr. stk. 8)

- Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh BBC Live in Concert (2 CD)
    - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter
    - Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door (Remastered)
    - Led Zeppelin - Presence (Remastered)
    - Motörhead - Another Perfect Day (2 CD)
    - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
    - Rush - A Farewell to Kings (Remastered)
    - Rush - Hemisphere (Remastered)
    - Rush - Moving Pictures (Remastered)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Jaye P. Morgan - Jaye P. Morgan [YDCD-0112]

Ben Sidran - The cat and the hat [SHM-CD UICY-93417]

Suzanne Ciani - Synthesizer
    Luther Vandross - Vocals (bckgr)
    Michael Brecker - Saxophone (Tenor)
    Pete Christlieb - Flute, Saxophone (Tenor)
    Don Grolnick - Organ
    Joe Henderson - Saxophone (Tenor)
    Tom Scott - Flute, Saxophone (Tenor)
    Paulinho Da Costa - Percussion
    Buzzy Feiten - Guitar
    Mike Finnegan - Vocals (bckgr)
    Steve Gadd - Drums
    Gordon Gordy - Vocals (bckgr)
    Gary Grant - Trumpet
    Tom Harrell - Trumpet
    Jerry Hey - Trumpet
    Jim Horn - Flute, Saxophone (Baritone)
    Abe Laboriel - Bass
    Mike Mainieri - Synthesizer, Fender Rhodes, Vibes
    Lee Ritenour - Guitar
    Ben Sidran - Synthesizer, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals
    Ian Underwood - Synthesizer
    Max Gronanthal - Vocals (bckgr)
    Dick Hyde - Trombone
    Tisha Campbell - Vocals (bckgr)
    Gerard Randell - Vocals (bckgr)
    Frank Floyd - Vocals (bckgr)

http://www.bensidran.com/CatAndHat.htm

mikefish

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Da er denne forhåndsbestillt :

Bruce Springsteen - the promise (3 cd + 3 dvd)

15.november er en dag å se frem til !

mvh. s,

mikefish

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Har kjøpt noen dagsaktuelle plater :

David Sylvian & Røyksopp

Deerhunter & Wyatt/Atzmon/Stephen

Alle på cd.Venter inn et par vinylplater om ikke så alt for lenge.

mvh. s,

vargen

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Oppland
    Blitt KOMPIS med Platekompaniet, og fant meg noen skiver i samme slengen:

Endte vel opp på 240 kr til slutt, noe som ikke er så ille.:)

Jega

Hi-Fi entusiast
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    C. Alshus skrev:
    Vinyl fra Big Dipper:

Kommunist funk!
    Virker rimelig sært, men også litt kult. Hvordan høres det ut. Karakter 1-10?

Lagga

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Sarpsborg
    Torget vurderinger
    bjornh skrev:
    Endelig ankommet i posten i dag.
    Jøsseball, sånn som den skiva har blitt slaktet, trodde jeg jeg var den eneste igjen i landet
    som ennå (med glede) hadde den i hylla, gratulerer!

Siste platekjøp - mange det - får bli tirsdagens da:

Vennlig hilsen

Morten

Vedlegg

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Jeg har sannelig fått to nye inn :)

Steve Lukather - All's Well That Ends Well [M 7322 2]

Anbefales.

Stefan Olofsson - Story Of A Woman

Stefan Olofsson is a self-taught pianist, bass player, singer, songwriter, arranger and producer from Umea in the north of Sweden.

He has worked with well-known artists such as guitarist Jeff Richman, bass player Jimmy Haslip (Yellowjackets, Donald Fagen), singer Jason Scheff (Chicago), film music composer/orchestrator Phil Giffin ("Lethal Weapon", "Die Hard") and 2-time Grammy Award winner Jay Graydon (Al Jarreau, Manhattan Transfer).

His debut CD "Story of a Woman" contains songs in the style of progressive and melodic rock with a touch of Swedish folk melancholy.

• BIFROST - Solo folk jazz piano/organ piece inspired by Jan Johansson and Chick Corea.
    • OVERTURE/GOOD INTENTIONS - Uptempo track with references to the Electric Light Orchestra "Secret Messages" era. Superb guitar solo by Mikael Sandstrom. The lyrics are about what?
    • STORY OF A WOMAN - Adagio piece with sad lyrics (provided by David Franzen). Again, strong references to ELO, this time from the earlier "New World Record"/"Out of the Blue" era. Beach Boys style background vocals.
    • BACKBONE - Slow funky tune with great/funny lyrics by David Franzen. The music draws equally from Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan and Alan Parsons Project if you can imagine the combination. Experimental fade.
    • WAKE UP EMERSON - Instrumental progressive piece inspired by Yes and Emerson, Lake and Palmer (there's your hint to the title, btw). Jeff Richman provided a great angular guitar solo.
    • THE DAY SHE DIES - A cover song, originally by the great 60's Florida-based band We The People. Composed by Tommy Talton. Beach Boys style background vocals.
    • DOWN THE ROAD - Fast song with psychotic lyrics. Musically inspired by The Tubes. Ulph Johansson played a great guitar solo and Peter Fredlander played a great drum solo.
    • THE WHARF - Experimental electronic piece. Drum prodigy Peter Fredlander played the drum loop. An old (now defunct) short wave radio supplied most of the sound effects.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stefanolofsson

En av gutta bak State Cows!

Geir_H

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Depeche Mode´s Music For the Masses (SACD)
    Chick Corea´s My Spanish Heart. (CD)
    Depeche Mode´s EXCITER (180 gr. Vinyl)
    Beruhmte Orgel Werke. Bach (vinyl)

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    St. Elmo's Fire [7 81261-2]

David Foster - Keyboards
    Michael Landau - Guitars
    Steve Lukather - Guitars
    Steve Porcaro - Synthesizer programming and keyboards
    David Paich - Keyboards
    David Boruff - Saxophone
    Bobby Chouinard - Drums
    Billy Squir - Guitars
    Jay Graydon - Guitars
    Mike Baird - Drums
    J.V.T. - Synthesizer programming
    John Elefante - Keyboards
    Dino Elefante - Guitars
    John Pierce - Bass
    Philip Rowland - Drums
    Chris Taylor - Drums
    David Amato - Background vocals
    Richard Marx - Background vocals
    Jerry Hey - Trumpet
    Gary Grant - Trumpet
    Larry Williams - Saxophone
    Bill Reichenbach - Trombone
    Carlos Vega - Drums
    Tris Imboden - Drums

Produced and arranged by David Foster

http://www.amazon.com/St-Elmos-Fire-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000002IHY

mteinum

Æresmedlem
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Sted
    Øya
    Torget vurderinger
    Soren Reiff - Miss You [DaRoof 0557]

Indspillet med cremen af internationale musikere

Begejstrede, internationale anmeldere sammenlignede Søren Reiff med guitarister som John Scofield, Larry Carlton, George Benson, Joe Satriani og andre guitarikoner, efter hans forrige udgivelse i eget navn.

Reiff, der har arbejdet som kapelmester og guitarist for blandt andet Chaka Khan, David Sanborn, Robert Palmer og Randy Crawford, har et imponerende hold med sig på sit nye album – musikere der har arbejdet med stjerner som Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston, Steely Dan og Rolling Stones.
    Størstedelen af numrene på albummet er optaget i L.A., men mixet og færdiggjort i Danmark.

Stilen er varm og soulet – funky grooves med iørefaldende, melodiske temaer og akkordrundgange der har rødder i jazzens verden. ”Miss you” er et følelsesfuldt album, fyldt med musikalske finurligheder, spillet med overskud, sjæl og nærvær

http://www.reiff.dk/Soren_Reiff/Cder.html

David Garfield (keys)
    Will Lee (bas)
    Steve Ferrone (drums)
    John Pena (bas)
    Ricky Lawson (drums)
    Michito Sanchez (percussion)
    Veronica Mortensen (vocals)

mikefish

Hi-Fi freak
    Ble medlem
    Antall liker
    Å poste etter mteinum er som vel hoppe etter en viss kar nordfra,men her er de nyeste fra mitt hold :

Ida Jenshus & Vanessa Williams

The Kooks & John Prine

• Laster inn…

Diskusjonstråd Se tråd i gallerivisning

• Laster inn…
Topp Bunn